WAYS TO APPEAR TALLER

WAYS TO APPEAR TALLER

hey, guys today I'm putting together another blog where I'm showing how I can transform outfits from basic to really something taller and slimmer looking since I'm 5'1 (or 155cm) I really view fashion as a form of makeup where I can work with things like color to really enhance and make me feel more confident in my day also I want to work with things like proportion and the cut of the garment so let's get started with the first outfit for the first one I'm going to start with a jean jacket and some navy flats and then a lighter outfit underneath with a light Henley and then some oversized very loose-fitting jeans.

so I love and wear all of these pieces that I own but not every single piece that I own is made to look taller there are ways where you can combine each one of these pieces to work but for this outfit, since I'm wearing light colors underneath it's really emphasizing wear this jacket cuts me which is right at my widest point so I'm gonna just ditch the jacket for now you'll notice that because my proportions have you know a longer torso and then shorter legs this shirt is a bit too long for me it's really making that long torso look even longer than my legs so I'm going to tuck in my top that's one of my main tips is anytime that you can make your legs look longer by where you're in your top is going to end.

it's gonna really help balance that out so after doing that you'll notice that these are the looser fitting jeans I wear them you know if I'm feeling a bit bloated if it's that time of the month but I do have a really tighter option because they are a lovely pair of jeans I think they're really flattering I do need to get them hemmed up a little bit though so I'm just kind of rolling them for today but just by making that small shift into just sizing down one size on my jeans.

jeans aren't necessarily supposed to be extremely comfortable some days they need to just be more flattering nobody said jeans were comfortable – no – it's a lie – it's a lie – so if we could all get rid of the idea – debunk that straight away like good jeans are not that comfortable – no one's having a good time in good jeans they're horrible they give you camel toe everything hurts it's hurting here it's up the bum – but oh my god you look good – but they look great – the thing though about lighter jeans is that they will always emphasize.

 

you there so if you maybe want to look more you know curvy or you know wider down on your pants you can have a lighter option but visually I would like to go darker on these jeans so I'm gonna swap them out with a tighter fitting and darker wash jeans these jeans are also higher waisted so they are honestly the highest rise I have in a pant and so they're really gonna elongate even though right now I've got like two contrasting colors and I'll get into that in a little bit.

I get a lot of questions when talking about high-waisted pants if it's okay to wear mid-rise are low-rise I think that if you have proportions opposite to mine if your legs are super long in your torso is very much shorter then you can go for like a mid rise and it's still gonna balance out that illusion and still look really flattering on you now the henley that I chose to wear today I specifically chose because I have it also in a navy so I want to show what monochrome can do this is one of my favorite tips because instead of virtually making two squares stacked on top of each other in the colors.

you're going to create one long rectangle that's now going to just make a solid line from your shoulders down to the end of your pants so that's always one of my tips to lengthen and elongate and anytime you can do that then it's going to stretch the illusion of how tall you are so you'll notice that my top is untucked at first and I wanted to do that so that I could illustrate the illusion of monochrome.

so if you're just one of those people who's like I don't enjoy tucking in my top you don't have to if you're going with monochrome you're still going to have that long illusion but for me, I'm pear-shaped so if I'm displaying my smallest point then that's going to really work for tucking in my top so what's really happening here is I've got a navy outfit white ankles which are proof I need to go on vacation and then I'm wearing really dark shoes so that color blocking still applies when it comes to footwear so because I want to expose my ankles.

here I'm gonna go with a skin tone shoe this is one of the first tips I ever did with the series and I'm still wearing these shoes they're amazing so their skin toned and they're pointed so what's really gonna help if you want to wear flats is that you can go with a pointed toe that's gonna add a few inches visually so those shoes really work if you're one who just does not want to wear a heel or maybe just that day you're not necessarily feeling like you want to wear a heel that's a really great tip but because this outfit could be so much more elongated by wearing a heel.

I want to just show that for illusion in illustration sake so these are ankle boots that's gonna really help already compared to like a knee length boot just visually to elongate my legs and then also having that skin tone color is gonna help and then adding the heel inevitably somebody is going to read the intro of this blog and be like oh she just adds heels you know problem solved of course that's how you look taller but there's so many other little aspects that come into play with an outfit like this so just reading the before and after I think is gonna help so much but first I want to add a jacket so originally.

I started out with a jacket that hits me right at my widest point but I also want to show a different jacket something that is a lot longer if you want to look taller with a jacket the best way that you can do that is by going with a really long jacket or else a cropped jacket so this is hitting me right at my knee ideally I'd like to have a jacket that's going a little bit above or below my knee but this is working just fine especially since it's a thinner jacket it's also monochrome so it's going to blend in with the rest of my outfit.

I'm going to add a scarf that's also much longer than a normal scarf would be just something that could really lengthen and keep those long lines flowing for this next outfit I want to have a striped shirt I want to have some black pants and then some ankle boots that are black as well there's plenty of ways to make this better I'm sure you already have a few guesses as to how so right away I'm going to tuck in that top you'll be able to notice that these pants have big pockets those pockets start a little bit lower so they at least emphasize that the waist is smaller than the pockets themselves.

this outfit could be so much better in general these pants are cropped up so they're going to expose more of the black/white/black thing that's happening here with showing my ankles so I want to add some socks to make that more of an elongated look so now all of a sudden this black line is going from the top of my pants all the way down to my toe so that's going to help so much I could also create this long line by having a pant that isn't cropped and have it go all the way to the ground so these pants are just maybe an inch too long I tried to get them to the tailor before the blog.

my tailor sadly has closed her doors and I just want to emphasize anytime that you can make an outfit be hemmed up just a little bit to really work for your proportions that's how outfits and pieces should be worn so this would have been even so much better the power of tailoring is incredible and it's really cost-effective for the cost of the outfit compared to that so I just wanted to say that if you're working with proportions if your outfit is something that's perfectly tailored to you it's going to help so much the thing that I do like about these pants is that they're not only high-waisted.

they have enough stretch to them to where it's really going to highlight curves and still with curves you have you know wider points and slimmer points so this is going to accentuate that I love having curves I love working with that and not hiding those necessarily next one of the tried-and-true principles to looking taller and slimmer is to not have horizontal stripes if they are horizontal stripes it's okay to work with a thin stripe because then at least there's not like too much contrast.

I wanted to try a different top to really have the same sort of look and design without necessarily having a stripe so this top is color-blocked you have white on top and then it breaks off to black which is going to make your legs look even longer so it's breaking much higher than even my high waisted pants you don't need to tuck in a top like this but it is going to help.

if you can at least like roll it up a little bit, either way, it's totally fine of course what's going to make it even better is a monochrome look so I want to swap it out with a black sweater just for illustration so now I've got a very long line I've got tall boots which are hidden underneath really long pants and then I'm carrying that black line all the way up to my shoulder so even though I'm 5'1" (155cm) this outfit is very lengthening compared to what it was at the very beginning.

something I've really been experimenting with a lot is athleisure so today I'm wearing hoodies sneakers leggings and an oversized jacket I love this jacket it's so extremely comfortable it works well if you just are traveling and you want to just cozy up and be so warm and everything but the problem here is that the faux fur is tracing where my widest point is it's also extremely oversized extremely loose not working with my proportions at all.

I want to swap that out today I'm gonna just remove it for now and underneath I'm wearing a hoodie that's cropped up and that works perfectly then I'm wearing high-waisted leggings so the combo here is okay but it could be better so the first thing that I want to do is I want to tuck that up a little bit and just expose more of my leggings the cool thing about a hoodie is that it's going to add more weight to my shoulders where I'm really a lot smaller than the rest of my body so that's going to make more of an hourglass illusion then say pear-shaped so that's gonna work for me.

especially but what I also want to do is swap out that top again monochrome we're gonna read what happens here so that top is now a black hoodie and then I'm just carrying that line all the way down to my ankle I'm not going to be switching out the shoes for this outfit but I have a really handy trick so if you have shoes like sneakers that could easily conceal this these are amazing their little tiny 1-inch riser inserts the cool thing about them too is that they're going to make your shoes more comfortable they are a lot like orthotics.

you've got just a little bit more of a gel cushion in your shoes so I like to wear these for heels to make them more comfortable, especially like tall boots but for today I'm putting them in my sneakers these are sneakers that I very much treasure I don't wear them for heavy workouts but they are just a beautiful look for an athleisure outfit so having little inserts like this you know they don't cost very much money and they're going to add a little bit of extra height to you.

so that's what I'm doing for this outfit it's subtle but it's adding an extra literal inch to my outfit finally for the jacket choice instead of having that oversized faux leather jacket before I'm going to opt for a cropped jacket so this is a leather moto jacket and it's gonna look really good with a hoodie because the hoodie is just gonna add more emphasis to my shoulders it's and then the jacket is gonna cut me right at my smallest point and then what's underneath is just black leggings.

I've got a really long line that's happening here with monochrome and then I'm not even going to worry about if the sneakers are a different color from my legs or anything they are very close to the color of my legs even though they have some black accents and then I'm just giving those risers to really add some literal height so that's what's happening with this outfit.

it's really cool how you can just still work with a lot of thought processes on an outfit that's athleisure and comfortable and seemingly effortless but there are little tricks like this that you can put in your back pocket and maybe make your outfits look even better and more put together every day so you feel more confident and that's it I hope that you enjoyed these three outfits if you did be sure to give this blog a thumbs up especially if you want more look taller blogs and I guess I'll read you next time.

Other Related Blogs to Read:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form