How to make a denim skirt out of jeans! Recycled jeans

 How to make a denim skirt out of jeans! Recycled jeans

hey, guys welcome to my Blog in today's video I will be turning these old pair of fashion Nova jeans into a maxi denim skirt this is a  perfect time of the year to be wearing these denim maxi skirts I'm absolutely obsessed with how it turned out so stay tuned to find out how to make your own so how I begin is I use a seam ripper and I'm going to begin by removing the seams on the inside of the leg if you want.

you can also use a pair of scissors and just cut all the way around that's up to you will also then seam rips open the front from the crop to just below the fly  I'm leaving the zipper fly intact I will then also be removing the back crotch all the way up the butt to the waist which you'll read soon this technique is perfect you can turn any pair of pants into your own skirt.

I  saw this cute skirt on Zara which I know have been trending right now so I thought girl I am definitely going to make my own pair I know we all have a  pair of jeans or a pair of pants to do this on this is also perfect if you have a pair of jeans that no longer fit whether they're too big when we seam rip open the back you can also take in the waist and make it fit a little better.

I'm also going to be removing the belt loop in the back because I'm going to completely open it up and remove the waistband just a few inches on each side make sure to save your belt loop because we will reattach it later once we're done foreign  I'm gonna take a pair of scissors.

I'm just going to cut the waistband right in the middle when you will reattach it once we know how many inches we’re removing from the jeans so I like to start with laying my jeans over on top of each other right sides together now because these jeans did fit well I don’t really have to remove Too Much from the waist I would say I removed just under an inch from the waist I like to make sure that the jeans are lined up nice and straight.

the stitches are all lined up also now because we're turning it into a skirt we can get rid of that back crotch area so I'm just taking a ruler and just going all the way down you can put it in place and try on the skirt to make sure it fits in case you have to remove a  little bit more around the back using a  denim needle I'm just sewing all the way down from bottom to top or top to bottom straight Stitch you can do whatever finishing seam you like this was just a  quick DIY tutorial and as you can read I  pinned the wrong way so it's kind of irritating as you can read it lined up perfectly look at that stitches oh my goodness now.

you can choose how you want to finish off the seams inside I do have a  matching denim thread already if you don't have this thread you could save the thread that you removed from the inner leg I'm just kind of doing a quick little felt seam finishing you can decide how you want to finish off the inside of the pan again this was just a  fun little DIY tutorial so it's not perfect but yeah so uh once you've finished how you want to finish off the seams it's now time to reattach that belt you want to remove from the waistband.

the amount you've removed from the actual pant so that the waistband will line up evenly so like I  said I removed less than an inch from the actual pant so I'm just going to remove that same amount from the waistband and I'm just going to pin the waistband right sides together do a  straight Stitch this is a time where you're going to want to reattach your belt loop just before you sew on the waistband you're going to do a top Stitch over the original stitches to reattach that waistband.

once you've completed that you're going to also reattach the belt loop properly now it's time for the front and you're almost done so I use that original front crotch and I'm going to lay it over on top of the other side and I'm just going to figure out how I  want it to fit you can decide how low down you want the stitches to go I  personally don't like the panel in the front I like the look of just having the open leg so you're just gonna Stitch over.

the original stitches in the front and you are done with the skirt I am obsessed with this skirt I've already made this in black and I'm definitely living for this denim-on-denim look now I just need to actually go out and wear this somewhere let me know below if you guys enjoyed this tutorial and if you do  decide to make your own then please do not forget to thank me thank you guys so much for reading and again if you enjoyed this blog please do not forget to like to write a comment.

Other Blogs to Read:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form