Anti-aging makeup advice for older skin using Milk Hydra Grip and Kosas Foundation

 Anti-aging makeup advice for older skin

 using Milk Hydra Grip and Kosas Foundation


thank you  hey guys welcome to my Blog today I'm  going to be giving you all of my makeup  tips for mature skin if you struggle  with products settling into fine lines  and wrinkles or if you're dealing with  any dryness this blog is for you so  typically as we age the oil glands in  our face stop producing oil like they  once did this is why when you get older  typically you are drier you have more  fine lines and wrinkles because that  hydration is no longer there to keep  your skin dewy and supple  so we want to add hydration in I'm going  to be giving you all of my tricks all of  my tips on just how to do that if you  are new to my blog be sure to  subscribe and if you like the blog be  sure to give it a thumbs up I cannot  believe I almost forgot to mention my  model today is my beautiful mother thank  you so much for joining me so I could do  your makeup and make you look even  younger than you already do  all right we're starting off with  priming the eyelids with the IT  Cosmetics Bye Bye.

Under Eye full  coverage concealer now this is a hack  that I use instead of using an eye  primer for your Shadow just use your  concealer most concealers work great  with this I just take the concealer from  the Lash line all the way up to right  underneath the brow and you can read I'm  using my finger and also the brush we  just want to make sure it's buffed in  very nicely now this concealer is a  little bit lighter than I would usually  go for but we are making it work she's  nice and bronze from her vacation  so for eyeshadow I am going to use the  Scott Barnes sculpting palette which is  bronzer I am going to take the bronzer  and really work it into her crease as  you will read a bronzer is a fantastic  way to get a really pretty Shadow and  it's kind of foolproof.


I'm wrting a  fluffy brush and working that bronzer  from the outside of the eyelid into the  inner corner now if you read I'm not  being super particular it actually looks  like it's on a time lapse I'm going so  fast but I'm not I promise so I'm  working it in wrting it and dragging  that product again nothing at all  nothing particular at all and wrting the  bronzer and working it a little bit down  on the eyelid if you want this look to  be a little more dramatic and still want  to use a bronzer you can honestly pack  it on the lid if you would like there's  nothing more Timeless than natural  Shades I really believe that and that is  exactly what we're going for okay for  the brow.

I am going to use the benefit  precisely my brow now there is nothing  more youthful than a lifted brow it  frames the face and really can give an  eye lift and make you look so much  younger so I'm wrting the product from  the inner corner and working it up  towards the arch I'm kind of framing out  the brow right now and then now I'm  wrting the tail down you can read they're  quick  hair like motions we want it to look  like hair we don't want to look like  it's been drawn on so I'm really working  on that tail and then I take the pencil  on the hair in the inner corner and go  up because that is how it naturally  grows now as we age and mature our brows  thin so that is why a full natural  looking brow makes us look younger  because when we're younger we have more  hair in our brows and as we age it thins  out so you'll really be able to read the  difference that those brows that make on  her face but I am going to go ahead and  film that other brow off blog.

 I'm using the Nyx professional makeup  retractable eyeliner this is in the  shade Brown I love this shade for  everyone and I'm wrting that pencil  right in her waterline so you'll read I  have her look up now I tried to zoom in  so you could read but I'm wrting the  liner and working that in her waterline  and on her lash line  and buffing it in now you don't have to  be super particular you'll read here in  just a second I'm actually going to take  an angled brush and buff that shadow out  and there's nothing wrong with that I  always go in with an angled brush  and buff out my liner.

I think  it's much prettier than a harsh line  okay so anytime there's any puffiness on  the lid or the under eye I always start  with eyes first because there's always  transfer that happens for the under eye  so I'm just wiping that away before I  prep the skin for a foundation so let's  go ahead and jump in and talk about  some tips for mature skin you want to  always be sure to apply a serum before  your foundation as I had said earlier as  we age our sebaceous glands stop  producing as much oil as they did when  we were younger so that can kind of  leave that product just sitting on the  face it can get dry and creepy and it's  not a good look you want to look for  products with ingredients like  hyaluronic acid and niacin amide both of  these products add hydration to the skin.

Prepping the skin with a serum will help  your foundation Glide on easier and  prevent your products from settling into  fine lines and wrinkles  I am going in with the milk makeup Hydro grip hydrating primer this is a 10 out  of 10 recommend it is more like a serum  than a primer I usually do not use  primers but it is fantastic it's all the  rage right now it's one all kinds of  awards the reviews on it are fantastic  it is loaded with hyaluronic acid and  niacin amide which again leaves that skin  very hydrated which only helps the  product that we add on later the  foundation and concealer to look.

Flawless and very dewy an area of our  skin that typically gets neglected when we are prepping our skin for makeup is  our under eye area now you do not have  to spend a bunch of money on an eye  cream you can use an eye cream but you  can also use a facial cream or  moisturizer just something a little bit  heavier than what you use all over your  skin in prepping your under eye area  will just help your makeup not settle  even if you're not using a concealer  then you are still writing that  Foundation up to your under eye and it  is just not pretty if it settles into  fine lines and gets creepy and dry and  yucky  now I am using the Kuehl’s creamy eye  treatment with avocado for her under eye  area.

I feel like this product tends to  brighten a little bit and I really do  like it now you'll read I'm writing my  ring finger to apply this product it  just helps with not using too much force  with that really delicate skin under her  under eye but again hydration this will help your product go  on very smoothly and I really think it  will make all the difference and you'll  be happy with it  okay so before applying her foundation  I'm going to give you a few tips on what  to look for in a foundation for mature  skin now don't be mistaken this can be  anywhere from mid to late 30s up  there are so many Foundation products on  the market it can definitely get.

A  little overwhelming but in the last few  years I have noticed an increase of  Foundations with skin care properties in  them and you are looking for ingredients  like niacin amide and hyaluronic acid  that can be found within that Foundation  if you already have a foundation that  you're happy with but it does readme to be  a little drying or too matte don't be  afraid to add a facial oil to that  Foundation one little drop would be  plenty I am using the cosis revealer  skin improving Foundation this has SPF  25 and of course all of the Skin Care.

Properties that I said to look for  hyaluronic acid and niacin amide now this  is advertised as more of a  skin care product than a foundation but  it is as you can read a foundation with  medium coverage now I kind of just  slopped that foundation on her face and  then I blend out now if you notice here  I'm avoiding the under eye area because  we are going in with a concealer later  and we don't want layers of product  because the more product you have on the  skin the more product that will settle  so less is definitely more when we are  talking about a dewy Flawless finish and  no settling into Fine Lines or wrinkles  now.

I always take the product and I work  from the center and work my way out and  up towards the temple  I love to use a flat top foundation  brush I just like the way that it  Maneuvers the product I don't feel like  it leaves any streaks or lines I do use  a beauty blender sometimes you'll read  here later and I'll show you how I use  it and why I use it but for the most  part I tend to stick with a flat top  foundation brush  now for her Contour I wanted to use  something that was liquid or cream I  love to use Liquid and cream and if it's  too oily we can always go back and set  it with a powder but this is the makeup.

Revolution conceal and define it’s actually a concealer but I'm

using it in the shade C 13. now typically I would go  for a higher end product than this but  the color just matched perfectly for a  contour now if you've read any of my  previous blogs you know that I  absolutely love this NYX cosmetic fan  brush for contouring It just fits so  nicely especially under that cheekbone  and helps blend that product out  so I take the product you can read it's a  little bit higher than underneath her cheekbone but we are using that to  diminish to define the cheek  and also take everything up so you don't  want to go down too far with a contour  it can make the skin look muddy so just  blend that really nicely into the skin  and up towards the temple okay so after  I Contour I always go in with concealer  now as I said earlier if you're applying  concealer when you do the foundation  before make sure to avoid that under eye  because we don't want so much product  sitting there now.

if you have dark circles you want to reach for an under eye concealer that is full coverage this will help eliminate any of the blues or the Grays under your eye if your concern is not the darkness and your concern is lifting you could even go for a medium coverage concealer But be sure to choose one that is hydrating today I’m going to use the IT Cosmetics bye. under eye this is what I used on her  lid to prep for the shadow but I'm also  using this underneath because it is so  hydrating now she doesn't have a lot of  discoloration under her under eye but I  do like the way this feels it's  um you really got to work with it with  blending it out you'll read I'm using  this brush it's a concealer brush and  then I also tend to use my fingers as  well but with concealer it's not just  under eye anything that you want to  bring forward so this is why they call  this.

The Highlight for the highlighting  and contouring it's not the actual  highlight product that you're used to  reading with the Shimmer in it is  actually concealer so highlight for the  highlight and Contour is always  concealer and what happens with the  Highlight is we want to bring that part  of the face forward and that's why you  go at least a shade or more  lighter than your foundation well I  would say half a shade or a full shade  lighter now you'll read here because this  is so light on her I mean looking at it  on blog.

I'm happy with it but in  person it was a little lighter than I  would like so I'm just writing a little  bit of the foundation that we used and  kind of blending that in to help  transition the concealer to the Contour  we don't want anything  super harsh so as I always say blend  you want things to be  seamless so if you're a if you're a  beginner you can just do that concealer  under the under eye but again  if it is too light it'll be  too harsh and not well Blended so  um just make sure that it transitions  nicely now.

I am going in with a  beauty blender now make sure that it is  damp when you use it that is how it is  designed to be used not dry so I'm just  quickly writing that over her face and  what this does is blend everything out  but it also picks up any excess product  that might be sitting on the face  okay so now it is time to set that under  eye now if you have been reading any of  my blogs I am loving the pink setting  powder I am going to use that on her  under eye it just helps brighten and you  could even use it all over the face  really always remember with using a  powder a little goes a long way again.

The more product you put on the more product that can settle into those Fine Lines starting off just lightly set the under eye and the T-Zone and you can always reevaluate if your face needs more powder it obviously is going to depend on the person and how much oil your skin naturally produces but you can always add more as the day progresses and you will get in a Groove and figure out how much product works for you so as,

I mentioned earlier I've been using the  pink setting powder this is morphed in  the shade brightening pink and I'm going  to take that on a light fluffy brush and  just brush that right under her under  eye you will read right here and then I'm  just using a very light hand and I  will take just a tiny bit of product and  run it over her T-Zone and her chin  there you go and blend that out really  nicely  I'm not really sure what we're laughing  about here but I'm sure you probably  don't want to know now she actually had  a lot more hydration than I wanted  probably because of how well.

 

he takes  care of her skin so I'm just running a  tiny bit of powder bronzer around where  we contoured earlier now for blush I am  using the Charlotte Tilbury pink gasm  liquid blush it is  so pretty on I have used this on myself  quite a bit lately and this is her color  exactly if you've ever used the Nars  orgasm  blush this is very similar except it's  liquid form and I just like the way that  it comes out in a tube but a little bit  goes a long way I'm putting that on the  apples of her cheek and this is what I  love about a liquid or even a cream  blush is you can use your fingers to  kind of manipulate the product and it  just really looks like skin and gives  her cheeks just a nice finish.

I still take some of that product and just will drag it over her nose for color and blend that out you all know I love the Maybelline Sky High mascara but today I reached for this Lancôme mascara and I have to say I was kind of disappointed it was really clumpy but I just popped this on her lashes and next time I will be back with my Maybelline Sky High and last but not least is the lip I'm going in with the Nyx professional makeup lip liner in the shade sand beige.

 I love this shade it is  so pretty and you can really Contour the lips with this I'm going in on her  bottom lip and just giving her a little  bit of a pal under the center lip and  then really trimming up the sides of her  lip with this product and we could hear  my little boy in the background saying  something crazy and we both cracked up  and had to seriously I had to cut this  scene because we were laughing so hard  all right so I'm finishing up that top  lip right here  and to finish off the lip I'm going in  with the Buxom lip gloss this is a lip  Plumping gloss in the shade Dolly.


I  could use this shade on almost everyone  it is so pretty I use it on Brides  actually quite a bit I'm just putting  that on her bottom lip to polish off  this look and this color you can read  looks great on her  and let me just say if you can't laugh  with my mom then you probably have no  sense of humor because she is funny  okay guys thank you so much look how  beautiful she looks I mean she might  kill me for saying this but not bad for  67 years old right  thank you all so much for reading .

Other Blogs to Read:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form