Galaxy pattern, jeggings, and tunics are some "old & ugly" outdated design styles that will look nice in 2023

Galaxy patterns, jeggings, and tunics are some "old & ugly" outdated design styles that will look nice in 2023

 this isn't a word but I want to Casual a  fight Alexis Sunshine 83 it's always sunny here hey sunshine Alexis  Sunshine 83 right here so a couple of months ago I had made a read styling outdated fashion trends and I had so much fun with that read you know it's taking pieces that are considered outdated and giving them a little bit of a 2022 makeover and so I figured I would do another one so I asked on my  Instagram which is I love Central 83 for trends that you consider outdated and I  ended up choosing about nine that I'm going to hopefully bring some new life and if any of you have these Trends in the back your closet.

I've just been collecting dust hopefully it gives you some inspiration on new ways to style it because I definitely understand that some of these were popular back in the  2010s and so it can be difficult to kind of like make it work maybe for your personal style today and I do want to say if you still wear any of these outdated fashion trends like it's not a bad thing honestly that's what we are all striving for to be able to continue to wear pieces that are outdated and like not trendy anymore because literally, it does not matter wear whatever makes you happy yeah before we actually get into.

The Styling I did just want to thank today's sponsor which is blue Land creates everyday eco-friendly cleaning products that can help you cut down on your single-use plastic since moving into this condo I've had to do a  lot of cleaning and it made me realize how much plastic waste there is in cleaning products so instead of having to buy new soap dispensers or even plastic bathroom cleaning spray all I  need now is a blue Land tablet which they use no single-use plastic in any component from bottles tablets and wrappers to shipping blue.

Land tablets start at only two dollars per tablet or you can get even more savings by buying refills in bulk or setting up a  subscription I got the essential kit which comes with four bottles and four different types of tablets and scents they are super easy to use all you need to do is fill your bottle with warm to hot water drop in one tablet let it dissolve put the nozzle back on and use within minutes no shaking or stirring needed I really love the hand soap the ascent Iris Agave is great.

it doesn’t leave my hands dry which is really important going into the  Colder Weather months to stock up on sustainable cleaning products for yourself or give a sustainable gift to your friends and family this holiday season click the link in my description box to check out blue land the first outdated fashion trend I'm going to be styling is cheetah print slash animal print I feel like everyone at some point has gone through a cheetah print phase.

if you are still rocking it then that is awesome but I know it can be kind of one of those tricky patterns that are a little bit loud to wear casually sometimes and especially during the 2010s I felt like it really had a  moment I wouldn't even say cheetah print neurally goes in and out of style it's kind of like Stripes it's always there but I just want to this isn't a word but  I want to Casual a fight to make it more wearable for every day so I started with this cheetah print slip dress and my advice is a layer with lighter pieces pairing it with black makes it seem more formal like if.

I added a black leather blazer so it would look like I'm going to the club which is also a great outfit don't get me wrong but I'm trying to make it more again wearable for every day so I  have it layered on top of a white te and then added a jean vest I still have black detailing with these platform boots I think denim is honestly a great pairing for cheetah print it instantly makes it more casual and depending o  what cheetah print piece you have been able to layer.

similarly will bring it on New Life another option especially if you have a cheetah print top is obviously more denim but instead of jeans I kept the light-colored tee under it but then swap the boots for some sneakers and I really feel confident with these pairings and instead of adding a denim jacket again I added a  brown faux leather blazer which I think silk keeps it aligned with being casual and of course, the coloring of the jacket goes with the shade in the cheetah print  I wouldn't say either of my outfits is super unique.

 but they water down the cheetah print to make it more wearable and honestly after putting together these outfits I was like wait am I gonna start rocking cheetah print a lot more because it was kind of a loud pattern that I wasn't super comfortable with and I feel like again especially during the 2010s maybe it was the Indie sleeves era where cheetah print was kind of associated with a little bit more like party fashion so I hope I made it more casual fashion so in the last read  I did skinny jeans and in this one, I am doing its cousin jeggings.

I'm not doing the skinny jeans where they are stretchy and kind of like jeggings but are still jeans I'm doing proper jeggings like painted on seams fake pockets and honestly just look at these  I love that idea behind dragons like it looks like I'm wearing jeans but I'm just wearing leggings I think for me I  would rather just wear leggings because jeggings don't really look that gene-like I mean if you look at the butt it's they are fake Pockets these were really hard to style because nothing looked quite right with them.

so at first, I had this outfit and since everything is just painted on I wanted to cover the waist and I think realistically this would be the way I would wear these I  think it actually does look like jeans from far away whereas the whole waist area just gives it away so I added a long sweater and I wish I had a  striped turtleneck because that would have been such a perfect pairing kind of poking out from the sweater the full outfit does give me like stereotypical fall girl which isn't bad but I tried to step outside of the box and ended up creating this next outfit with this shorter top.

I think having a longer top but not too long but then also not too short would be perfect for jeggings you definitely want to show a little bit of the crotch region but like not in a  weird way but if it's too short then you see like that the button is just a  painted on the button so you kind of have to find a balance I then swapped my shoes for boots and I mean you can still see the pockets and you know the fake seams and everything.

I actually think it is so cute I think fall time is perfect jegging time because it does need some layering to properly make it look good jeggings are all about comfort and so I  feel like there are ways of styling it to make it comfortable it's just finding again that balance of like having a cute outfit but not like fully giving away that you're not wearing real jeans if that's what you're kind of going for at first when I got long open Cardigans I  was a little bit confused.

I was like wait when was this a trend and then  I remembered there was a time when lawn Cardigans were the IT thing I  mean Cardigans are still a thing but there was something about the super long almost looked-like robe type of  Cardigans, especially during the Brandy Melville rain um a couple of years ago I want to prep this honestly lawn open Cardigans you can wear with absolutely anything.

it is a cardigan it just kind of works I first started with this Kingdom dress and I mean it definitely works I  was trying to make more interesting outfits so that's how I stumbled upon this one and I think especially with the heels and it just didn't fit the style so I swapped to a more fall appropriate look with this black sweater vest black score black tights and black boots and it does look like I'm wearing a robe but  I'm not mad it honestly felt like I was wearing a blanket it was kind of great I do think wearing a long open cardigan like this with a skirt or a  dress or just something short is a great way to highlight the length of the cardigan and all its Glory.

I think maybe if I would have gone for a black and white top or just some other color or pattern it would have looked a little bit better because right now it's just  I'm wearing black with it so you don't really even see my outfit but I think it's still a cute outfit I want to say this was the only outdated fashion trend  I was like actually worried about because I don't like capris I just don't like the in-between a long jean.

a  short there's something about what is like is it this it's like my shin region that when it cuts off at my knee and it's then just my shin it looks so awkward on me so yeah I was very nervous about this one but I decided to push through and do culottes and in elementary school, I was obsessed with  Gauchos it was like oh my gosh like my favorite thing ever so I have these culottes and I think something that is actually kind of great is styling them in a more like work style like suit style I think it makes it feel a little bit more wearable.

these are more of a mid-rise so that's the only thing I actually didn't really like about these culottes is they just weren't high rise but I paired them with a matching suit mess and then some cow print Boots the Slither of the leg that is showing that would normally annoy me it's not the worst thing and I actually think it works so obviously if you don't have culottes like this then that's all good but you could also style it with a  blazer with this next outfit I decided to make it a little bit more interesting by going with a polka dot puff sleeve top.

I actually hadn't even thought about this but putting it with longer boots I have these red boots and  I feel like they truly really just make this outfit work so perfectly if you are not insecure because it's not that I'm insecure about my shins it's just that it looks weird sometimes if the boots cut off in a certain way so so going for longer boots I think could greatly help if you are trying to figure out how to style your culottes so these red boots.

I  mean I actually really enjoyed this outfit and even with these red boots sometimes I find that I don't wear them as often because I'm wearing pants or jeans that don't make it possible to wear these boots so this was actually such a great outfit for them and I guess kind of the opposite to my tips when it comes to cheetah print I actually prefer taking culottes and making them a little bit dressier this next one also used to be my jam and it is tunics.

I guess before high-rise jeans and tucking in your shirts came back in style because obviously it was big in the 90s  and then because the low-rise jeans kind of went out of style and then came back tunics were everything I feel like tunics and peplums were just like the thing and obviously if you were wearing low-rise jeans and didn't want to show your stomach this was a perfect option I  feel like the lengths of them kind of vary some tuna mix was described.

as literally hitting your knees so it's basically like you're wearing a dress and jeans other ones kind of went slightly mid-thigh the one I ended up styling I feel like it's kind of in the middle but I did not want to tuck it in  I actually even got some outdated fashion trends of like tops that you can't tuck in and so I felt like this was a perfect one for me to do because obviously I tuck everything in this top really reminded me of the yellow tier top that Alison DiLaurentis wore in  Pretty Little Liars and it was very difficult to style I could have just put it with jeans.

I really wanted to find different ways to style it but just keep in mind you can totally just wear a  top like this with jeans you don't have to overthink it wear it with some jeans and some sneakers and you're good to go but I try to come up with creative ways and the first way just did not hit I mean look at this outfit it's terrible it's absolutely terrible I don't know what I was thinking I was like oh maybe I could put it on top of a lawn skirt.

 it's the colors that just aren't working but  I definitely uh needed to scrap this one so instead I ended up styling it with a  denim skirt and actually I surprisingly really liked it I think this is another great option if you're like oh I used to wear it with jeans all the time I want to find a new way pairing it with a  denim skirt it's still maybe in your comfort zone because you're used to wearing it with denim but differently I think especially a skirt that's not too long really makes a difference with how long the top is then pairing a  lawn skirt with it it just looks a little bit off on the silhouette I put my leather blazer with everything.

I'm not trying to um cover it that's not why I'm adding the leather blazer I promise you can still see the top you can still see that stair you can still see its lawn it even was a slightly high low as well so I feel like this was the perfect top and overall is it something that I  necessarily would gravitate towards no but actually after styling it. it works and honestly, sometimes I really don't want to tuck in my tops it is kind of frustrating especially when you have to go use the bathroom and you have to like to untuck and then re-talk it's just it it can be a lot so something like this I definitely see coming back in style, especially with low-rise jeans kind of being popular low rise and mid-rise.

I think this is a perfect type of top that will be coming back I did not get this outdated fashion trend suggested but I wanted to do it and I  want to say maybe like a year ago I  started seeing them on different people so I don't even think it's necessarily outdated if you used to wear them and you haven't worn them since your childhood then you probably are like yeah this is quite outdated and so I  wanted to find a way to style them especially.

I absolutely hate the feeling that they give and I never thought I would put a popcorn top onto my body ever again but here I am putting it on my body I really saw this popcorn top under denim I don't know why I was either thinking like my denim overalls short overalls or this kind of denim button up dress it just worked I think because I used to style it just by itself again I was a child um I used to just wear it by itself it.

it just reminds me of that time and so I  really wanted to give it more spice give it more aligned in my personal style and this whole outfit I actually was like wait I'm kind of digging this and it is kind of interesting like you see the texture of it and you're like whoa what like what is that I feel like it's a  great option if you don't like pattern having solid pieces.

I guess with different textures this is an option obviously you have to feel comfortable with the feeling of the popcorn top on your skin it is a little bit weird is it just me does anyone else feel that way with these types of tops I also came up with this outfit and I think this one is actually my favorite outfit that I  created in this read it's not the most interesting but I think it really gave exactly what I wanted these Trends to give which is New Life and so I took the popcorn top and tied it around the waist it kind of hits a little bit awkward.

I didn't want to tuck it in especially because of the texture you would like to see the popcorn-ness like on my waist and it would just look odd so I ended up tying it and putting it with these zebra print funky pants that my friend had made me and does this not work like even with the color I think it totally looks like it's meant to be there I just feel like every single element in this outfit completely works and again I never thought I would be putting this top back onto my body and I now will be willingly putting this top back on my body just to wear.

this outfit because it was that cute in my opinion another Trend part of my youth is sequins I was a Justice girly and I actually really love glitter and sequins which is ironic because I  really don't wear them I have this sequin stripe top and it's the type of sequence where when you like to feel what's the word when you touch when you pet yourself it turns into the different sequence like I it's so honestly satisfying I  think pairing sequins with leather or like faux leather pants or even like a  faux leather skirt is a great way to make it more wearable.

I feel like back in the day maybe somebody on like the hills or Laguna Beach would wear this top with like jeans and little ballet flats and like a headband scarf thing and like call it a day I definitely would say this is something I would wear on like New Year's Eve like I would wear it for a fancier occasion I wouldn't really wear it day to day this outdated fashion trend is a two-parter. I'm very excited about it which is Galaxy print and also Bandos which it's a Bando with a Galaxy print I mean Galaxy print was literally everywhere in the  2010s.

I really wanted to find some  Galaxy print leggings but unfortunately. I wasn't able to but Bandos as chops man just reminds me of Coachella time like when Coachella fashion was very big or even like Bethany Mota time where people wore Bandos with skater skirts and like the Jeffrey Campbell heels and then maybe long open cardigans and I  will say I did have quite a difficult time with this one I'm pretty disappointed in myself because I was so excited about it and I ended up hearing my Galaxy print Bando with this denim maxi skirt.

I did put it with a denim vest as well but I was like man you're kind of missing the whole point which is the Galaxy print with the vest you then don't see the Galaxy print so I  took off the vest but then it's like I'm just basically wearing a bra with a maxi skirt which is a look but I did find this pattern actually being really difficult specifically as a bandeau so maybe in the future I will do like  Galaxy print leggings to style because if the bandeau was white or even had like a floral pattern.

I feel like it would have been way more wearable I did pair it also with this thrifted suede vest but truly I will have to give myself an F for this outfit this is the only Trend where I just truly don't think I did it justice and I apologize the last outdated fashion trend I'm going to be doing was literally popular two years ago and that is the house of  Sunny swirly green pattern and I wasn't able to get Like Houses Sunny swirly green pattern pants but I have some really similar ones that are kind of like flared leggings style.

it has the pattern that I think they were talking about and I really feel like this type of pattern is definitely outdated it really hit um two years ago like everyone was obsessed with it even a year ago everyone was just literally yeah obsessed with it and it Rose very fast but then it also died very fast but I  felt like this was a good one to do because a lot of people probably have this in their closet because it was so recent so I wanted to find a way to style it differently.

how it was styled when it was super trendy ended up styling it with this Cami top the bottoms I just feel are so fun and go great with pastels I paired it with these white boots and it definitely gives me pastel 70s Vibes which probably is similar to how it was styled but I feel like a lot of people put it with baby tees so I think playing with the color is a great way to give it a  new life and then I love a denim jacket with it.

I think it looks absolutely great and this outfit I definitely will be wearing I think it's really cute and  I don't care that this is considered outdated as nobody should care as well with the pants being so fun I feel like you can add on to the fun element like putting it with different patterns different colors it truly believe for me kind of goes with anything especially like cow print oh my God which I got as an outdated fashion trend Cal print and that hurts that definitely hurts so I  decided to put cow print with these pants I put just a simple solid white lawn t-shirt and then my pink quilted jacket and I mean I I really like this outfit.

I think it is adorable I love all the little elements and these pants are really comfy alrighty thank you all so much for reading let me know in the comments right down below if you would style any of these pieces differently I  think it's great to get you to know different ways of styling them in different perspectives because the whole point is just giving them a new life and hopefully giving inspiration to people that do own these Trends a way of styling them obviously wearing something outdated is not a bad thing.

I  think sometimes at least on social media we get like over consumed by making sure we're wearing trendy pieces and not wearing this specific Trend that was really popular in the 2010s  because it's not like the theme anymore and really that doesn't matter all that matters is that you're wearing things that make you happy and make you feel comfortable and confident as always 99  of everything I showed in this read is thrifted.

so if you do like thrifting and secondhand fashion then make sure to subscribe right down below and hit that little bell to be notified every time I  make a new read also don't forget to follow me and I will give you more info about fashion in my next blog,  read it and I hope you have a super sunny day bye.  thank you.

Other Lovely Articles to Read:

https://astfashion001.blogspot.com/2023/05/ten-ways-to-stand-out-in-fashion-this.html

https://astfashion001.blogspot.com/2023/05/how-to-appear-wealthy-and-rich-simple.html

https://astfashion001.blogspot.com/2023/05/fashion-is-social-experiment.html

https://astfashion001.blogspot.com/2023/05/insights-about-you-from-your-style-in.html

https://astfashion001.blogspot.com/2023/05/how-to-wear-hottest-summer-2023-styles.html


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form